The Simama Project believes that education is the single most effective tool to alleviate poverty. Since inception, we have sponsored over 100 years of student education.
Each year of education:
- Increases an individual's future income by 10-20% (UNESCO)
- Reduces the number of future offspring per woman by 0.3 children (UNEP)
- Reduces the infant mortality rate for educated mothers by 5-10% (UNESCO)
- Increases the education of future offspring by 0.3 years (World Bank)
- Reduces the probability of becoming a mother by 7.3% (UNESCO)